Dozy Rosie

Sunday, September 05, 2004

Still not done those jobs...

...but at least it's because I've been out for most of the day, rather than that I've been sat around doing nothing (or spending too much time messing about on the internet, which I seem to be doing quite a lot of lately).

This afternoon PS & I went for a walk with the 'Social Group' from church. There was a good turnout (about 20 + 2 dogs) - probably helped by the weather, it has been a lovely day. We finished off at a pub, with time for a couple of drinks in the beer garden before moving in for dinner. The food was very good, but they were extremely disorganised about the whole ordering/serving thing meaning everyone else had just about finished before I got my meal :( I was the first to get pudding though :)

At church this morning we had a speaker who has recently been to Israel, visiting Gaza & the West Bank to find out first hand some of what's going on there at the moment. It sounds terrible - so many innocent people trying to live normal lives suffering from the actions of the minority. The wall being built to keep terrorists out of Israel is separating many of the people in the West Bank from their land/friends/relatives/doctors making their life terrible - & I doubt it will be effective at all in its supposed purpose of keeping the suicide bombers out, just give them more reason to dislike Israel.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home