Dozy Rosie

Monday, July 09, 2007

Shrek, Bikes and Things

Raff & I went to see Shrek 3 one evening last week. I enjoyed it, although it definitely wasn't as good as 1 & 2. As often happens with these films I suppose, they find something good and try to repeat it but run out of the best ideas. I regretted having not found some over trousers to cycle to the cinema in as there was a huge downpour of rain/hail just after I left the flat and so I had soggy jeans all the way through.

Went to watch some of the Tour de France timetrials on Saturday. I hadn't quite anticipated the true scale of the event - I guess being the first sunny day we have had in a while probably had something to do with the huge crowds. Walking from Vauxhall to Green Park to meet my friends was a bit of a mistake - kept finding the way I wanted to go fenced off and having to find an alternative route. I did make it in the end though. We saw some of the "caravan" and had a pic nic in Green Park. Then got "trapped" by the cycle track in Hyde Park, having to join a huge queue to get over one of the two temporary bridges to get out again.

Have had a headache since getting home on Saturday :( Thought it was probably down to too much sun and dehydration, but whilst it's not nearly bad as it was having had lots of water and sleep it's still niggling away.

My dissertation is slightly further along than my last blog post - I have learnt to use some software that I'll need and have more idea of the input parameters etc I need to put into it. Must get on with it as I'm hoping to have next saturday and possibly sunday off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home