Dozy Rosie

Monday, March 21, 2005

London, Churches, Chickens & Yellow Jackets

I feel like I have lots I should be blogging about, so apologies if this turns out to be too long. But what should I be sorry for? It’s not as if you’re obliged to read it all.

I went into London on Saturday to meet Sarah, Sophie & Anna. I’ve not seen Sophie or Anna since graduating, so it was really lovely to catch up. We saw a play in the afternoon – ‘A Life In The Theatre’. It was of the sort that make me feel very stupid – in that there must be far more to it than I could actually see in it. It felt quite bizarre being able to just pop into London for the day.

Last Sunday I went to the church close to my home and found it to have a very small and not particularly welcoming congregation. I tried two other churches yesterday – both closer towards the city centre, much busier & livelier & with lots of people my age. They were lots friendlier & more welcoming and I think both would be good to go to. Now I just have to decide which – although it looks like I’ll be away for several weekends now so I probably won’t be going to any Cambridge churches for a while. It makes me feel quite sad that the first one doesn’t appeal because it was small and lacking in young people – as obviously what it needs is more people to go, but the potential new people (like me) will be put off because there aren’t many people there, putting them in a bit of a chicken & egg situation.

Talking of chickens, I need to learn how to cook just enough food. I’m hopeless at cooking for one. Always end up with far too much! Perhaps I should start inviting people for dinner – that should be a good way to make some friends. There again, I need to know the people before I start asking them around. Back to the eggs – or should that be chickens? Hmm

I’m really enjoying work. I’ve been writing reports & things that I didn’t think I’d really be able to do straight away, but it seems I can! Today I got to don a hardhat & yellow jacket and venture out on site, where I got to play with the mud J

I’ve been feeling happy all the time since I came to Cambridge. It’s a good feeling – although seems a bit bizarre in a way, as I can’t entirely explain it! I suppose it must be because I’m enjoying my new job & getting to know a new place and, although I’m a little friendless at the moment, I like having the quiet alone time to read or whatever & haven’t really had much time to get lonely yet. Perhaps it's just that I've been going to bed at a sensible time and getting plenty of sleep, which I probably didn't do much before. I was made a bit sad today, but not for myself.

1 Comments:

  • At 4:18 pm, Blogger Sarah S said…

    I'm glad that you are enjoying yourself in Cambridge Rosie, and I'm sure that soon you will know a few more people and then you can invite them all round for dinner...alternatively you could invest in a freezer and freeze all the extra food you have been cooking!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home