Dozy Rosie

Sunday, September 23, 2007

All Change

It's been a while since I last blogged and a lot has been happening.

I managed to finish my dissertation on time (just!) and then set about moving house. I have to say that I am very glad Sarah D (now S) & Chris didn't decide to have their wedding a week earlier. That was a lovely day and we very much enjoyed the barn dance (sorry - can't spell the C word!).

Raff had kindly found us somewhere to live whilst I was still busy with my dissertation - luckily I approve of his decision (didn't see the house until after we picked up the keys). We're now living in Letchworth (which I also hadn't seen before - other than the station from the train). The 'World's 1st Garden City'. For a southern town it's not too bad - the people here all appear to be very friendly.

I have survived the first week of my new job as a geotechnical engineer. Found it very tiring (particularly due to early starts to join the jams on the M25 and get to my sites) and slightly stressful because I never like not knowing what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm looking forward to getting into it properly.

This weekend has been lovely and relaxing. The best bit about working instead of being a student, I think. Feeling happy now that most of the unpacking is finished and our house is becoming more of a home. Even have flowers in the garden now :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home