Dozy Rosie

Friday, December 17, 2004

Heading towards a 'proper' job....maybe

The people in North Shields who I did a training with back in November (Soil & Stuff)got back in contact with me this week. They have lots of short term contract work coming up, on short (ie can you work tomorrow?) notice & reckon that if I leave my current job they'll be able to keep me in work with these. Then I should build up enough experience to find myself a proper, permanent position. So today I told my boss that he should be expecting me to hand in my resignation sometime in January.

It's a bit scary in a way - abandoning the job I'm doing & not knowing for definite that I will end up with enough work to keep me going. But, on the other hand, I think it has to be done to get where I want to go. And at least still being at home means if I do find myself struggling to pay my rent I won't be kicked out onto the street (at least I hope I won't!).

2 Comments:

  • At 5:23 pm, Blogger Dozy Rosie said…

    True, although I am quite enjoying the fraud & will be sad to leave it. Have to give this a go though - is the only way to find out whether or not it is actually what I want to do.

     
  • At 6:28 pm, Blogger Sarah S said…

    Good luck Rosie. You definitely do need to do this now, there would be nothing worse that looking back in a few years time thinking "what if" and "if only I'd given it a go"

     

Post a Comment

<< Home