Dozy Rosie

Sunday, January 02, 2005

Happy New Year!

Apologies for the unimaginative post title.

I've had a good week. It's gone so fast, yet Christmas now seems so far ago. Ruth and Sarah have both been to stay for a few days & several other of my friends from Durham, as well as Halifax, came to my party on New Year's Eve. Was a good excuse to put my new cocktail shaker to use, although Kev & Andy's punch proved quite popular so it wasn't in all that much demand.

New Year's Day morning looked like a lovely walking day. By the time I'd driven several people to the station and then set out for a walk however things had changed. We got very wet. At least we were back indoors before the hail started.

Last night R, S & I went for a quiet drink in the pub. Proved not to be quite so quiet when we found Tweak, John, Ed & Dodgson all there as well!

Everyone has gone home now. The house is fully tidied. Now, I'm feeling quite sad. I don't really know why. There are a few things I can think of that might make me a little bit sad, but I don't know why I'm feeling sad. Hmm, no - it's not making anymore sense now that I'm trying to write about it either! Nevermind, am sure I'll snap out of it. Going to see my "babies" tommorrow, which always has the effect of making me feel better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home