Dozy Rosie

Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I had given up drinking on work nights...

...but it is the Cambridge Beer Festival, so how could I not?!

Had a good evening. Managed to force my shy side to head down there with work type people from the other side of my office, which was fine (& I know I'm really very stupid to worry about such things, but it's just the way I am!). Raff joined us later & I began to realise what a small place Cambridge is - especially when it comes to engineers. All of them seem to have worked with each other at some stage.

Think my favourite beer was the one that tasted of cheese, with possibly a slight hint of whisky. Also enjoyed the liquorice/chocolatey one.

Off to a Queen's College formal dinner tomorrow, courtesy of Bill - perhaps I'll leave returning to my non-drinking for another night!

Mum & grandma came to visit last night & took us out for dinner. Was lovely to see you both.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:56 pm, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I was at the beer festival tonight as well, must have missed you!

    It's Queens' College by the way, not Queen's (that's in Oxford/Belfast etc.)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home