Dozy Rosie

Tuesday, October 05, 2004

London

Had a lovely weekend visiting Ruth. We went exploring the Kent "countryside" on Saturday, before heading into London to meet Andy. A sudden rainburst almost of El Salvadorian standards meant we were all thoroughly drenched before we managed to seek refuge in a pub. Saturday evening Ruth and I went to see Joseph (the musical), which was amazing.

I went to watch Ruth playing football on Sunday. Ruth's team (Holmesdale Ladies) won 2-1. I got to be linesman (or woman, maybe) which was interesting seeing as I didn't really know what I was meant to be doing!

Got to experience London's morning commute yesterday on my way home. Reminded me that I definitely do not want to live/work in London.

Back to work today - everyone is very stressed about having too much work to do. I'm sure if they got on with it more instead of spending half the day complaining how much they had to do it'd get finished much quicker. After a relatively short wait (only about 30 minutes) for my bus home today & being told I couldn't use my return ticket because it related to the wrong bus I noticed the headline on tonight's Courier to be about Calderdale people favoring private cars over public transport for getting to work- I wonder why!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home