Dozy Rosie

Wednesday, October 20, 2004

Lose Lose Situations

'tis how everything feels at the moment. Or maybe not quite everything, just most things.

I think life would be so much simpler if people were more transparent, or perhaps just had a sign above their head saying exactly what they were thinking/feeling/wanting. I'm sure that most of the time when people aren't quite saying things, or aren't telling the truth, it's to avoid upsetting either you or them or perhaps someone else. And I know I'm as big (if not bigger) a culprit as anyone else at doing this. But I expect if everyone was completely open and honest about everything we'd all end up far much happier.

Well, perhaps.

I guess sometimes it is probably nicer not to know the truth. I suppose it's impossible to go through life without ever upsetting anyone, so perhaps it'd be better not to worry quite so much about it.

hmm.. I sense this is all rambly & won't make any sense at all to anyone trying to read it!


3 Comments:

  • At 11:08 pm, Blogger Toph said…

    Just think if everyone was totally transparent how easy life would be. It would also be quite boring though as no time would be spent on thinking what others are thinking.

    The truth can hurt but sometimes it's good to know it in the long term. Depends on the situaton really.

     
  • At 1:18 pm, Blogger Ed said…

    I sort of agree about knowing the truth. From past experience of being told the truth, I think I'd rather not know if I don't assume the truth without knowing. If I assume something I'd rather know if that is right or not, rather than it stewing over in my head... "is it or isn't it?"... does that make sense?

     
  • At 7:15 pm, Blogger Dozy Rosie said…

    Yeah, I agree Ed - it's probably best not to know what you don't know (unless it's good!) but I was really talking about things that you think people might be thinking, in which case it's best to know for definite than keep mulling them over.

    As for not telling people what you want because then it's not worth so much when you get it, I understand your point but it's very annoying when someone gets upset with you for something you didn't have a clue you should have done. Especially if they still don't tell you what it is you've done (or not done). Fair enough, friends should know what each other wants/needs, but we can't get it right all the time!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home