Dozy Rosie

Monday, January 31, 2005

Weekend in St Albans

This weekend I visited Sarah D in her new(ish) flat in St Albans. Thanks for having me Sarah, it was a lovely weekend & nice to see how the "grown-up" people live. It was also nice to see Ruth, Chris & Andy. Made me think for a moment that perhaps it wouldn't be so bad to live near London, where more & more people I know seem to be ending up.

I've been feeling quite sad today, think it's sunk in that I'll be leaving my job soon. Combination of seeing different people who keep asking 'What are you up to now then?' and the Feb work rota being out - on which I just disappear into a black hole :( Still I'm looking forward to my next move in a kind of scared and not knowing what it will be way.

Found the book I'd been reading at Sarah's in Skircoat Green library tonight so I'll be able to finish it :) It's a while since I've read some good fiction.

2 Comments:

  • At 6:58 pm, Blogger Sarah S said…

    It was lovely having you to visit Rosie. I was feeling quite sad today too, well yesterday erally when you all abandoned me! :-) I have been talking to Rachael today though and she is going to be my flat mate from March so I won't get so lonely anymore. Don't worry about finishing your job, its not sad. In fact its actually quite exciting...the beginning of something new.

    Glad you found the book (and you didn't even have to resort to Ebay!)

     
  • At 5:50 pm, Blogger Toph said…

    The black hole is so depressing. I disappeared into that when I left my old work and that's when it really hit home I was leaving. You'd think they could just leave you white so it stands out less :-(

     

Post a Comment

<< Home